As a lead up to NYC Beer Week (2/24-3/3), Jimmy’s No. 43 played host to the annual Good Beer Seal bar owners’ luncheon on February 7th. Happily, all five boroughs were represented by 13 GBS bars, the NYC Homebrewers Guild, and Beer Sessions Radio™. Bar representatives discussed the state of being a craft beer bar owner and Good Beer Seal community member. Among the more interesting offerings on the lunch menu was a Samichlaus 1997, provided by Sam Barbieri (Waterfront Ale House). This was the last vintage brewed and bottled by Hürlimann Brewery in Switzerland. Waterfront Ale House has been open since 1989 and has an amazing cellar of vintage beers. For NYC Beer Week, they will be featuring one beer from each of the NY Brewers Guild breweries with food pairings.
We invite the craft beer community to celebrate NYC Beer Week at one (or many) of the 41 GBS bars that will be hosting events, many of which will be listed here on our calendar. Among the featured events will be:
- February 22nd – Craft Beer Mafia Returns at The Stag’s Head
- February 23rd – 2nd Anniversary Party at 61 Local
- February 23rd – Bronx Ale House Presents Rare & Barrel-Aged NY State Breweries Tasting
- February 23rd-26th – 7th Williamsburg Cask Beer Festival at dba Brooklyn
- February 25th – Nano-Beer Vegetarian Nonsense Prix Fixe Dinner at Jimmy’s No. 43
- February 26th – The New Tuesday Tasting with The Bruery at Jimmy’s No. 43
- February 26th – Harpoon Brewing Night with Mark DeLuca at The Stag’s Head
- February 27th – Rockaway Brewing and New Beer Launch at Jimmy’s No. 43
- February 27th – NYC Brewer’s Choice at City Winery – THE MARQUEE EVENT OF NYC BEER WEEK!
- February 27th – Nightmare on 4th Avenue at Mission Dolores
- February 28th – The Manhattan Launch of Bridge & Tunnel at Jimmy’s No. 43
- February 28th – Greenport Harbor Brewing Night with John Liegey and Greg Dorowski The Stag’s Head
- February 28th – Beer for Beasts brewing day at Sixpoint
- March 3rd – Jimmy’s Homebrew Jamboree with Josh Bernstein at Jimmy’s No. 43
- March 2nd-3rd – Split Thy Skull at Mug’s Ale House
- March 3rd – Rare Seasonals with Kelso Brewing at Jimmy’s No. 43
Check back often for updates to events and happenings at all 41 Good Beer Seal bars, and don’t forget to tune in to Beer Sessions Radio™ for all your craft beer news during and beyond NYC Beer Week.