If you love your Belgians (and we know you do!), you want to get yourself over to Jimmy’s No. 43 tomorrow, Saturday 2/16, for the return of Bacon & Belgians. For three hours (noon-3 p.m.), a congenial host will guide you through many of our favorite and award-winning Belgian brews, which will be paired with different styles of bacon, courtesy of our friends at Bacsynski/East Village Meat Market (they make awesome bacon and cured pork product)s. Each ticketed guest ($45, buy them here) will receive a lunch platter with 3 different bacon products. Also pretzels from Union Square Greenmarket.
Most of these beers were highlights of our annual Battle of the Belgians event (all are Belgian unless noted). Beers that will be offered include:
1. Brasserie a Vapeur, Vapeur Cochonne brewed in 1996 ! Ale brewed w/spices.
2. Hof Ten Dormaal, Winter 13—wethopped Belgian farmhouse ale.
3. Blaugies Saison d’Epautre (spelt saison).
4. Troubadour Magma, Belgian IPA.
5. Deranke XX Bitter—Hoppy Belgian IPA.
6. Saison Dupont.
7. Hansens Scarabeca Kriek—one fancy Lambic!
8. Brasserie Cazeau, Tournay Triple.
9. Alvinne Cuvée d’Erpigny, a Abt/Quadrupel beer by Picobrouwerij Alvinne aged in wine barrels.
10. BFM from Jérôme Rebetez’ Abbay de Saint Bon Chien (Switzerland).
This is an amazing opportunity to sample a wide array of Belgium’s best beers and enjoy an afternoon of beer at Jimmy’s No. 43!