As you are probably aware by now (especially if you’re reading this, you have the power!), we have been really hurt by Hurricane Sandy and the subsequent loss of power. Jimmy’s No. 43 has always been a friend in deed; not wanting to boast about good deeds, but we’ve raised thousands for relief when Hurricane Irene came through and hurt our local farmers last year and a few months before that when the tsunami destroyed breweries in northern Japan. We love that we’ve been on the front lines helping others in difficult times.
Now, instead of being a friend in deed, we’re a friend in need. We’re doing everything we can to get power restored to the bar; we hope to have a generator up and running by Friday. In the meantime, you can truly help us out by buying a ticket to one (or more) of our amazing fall events. THESE EVENTS WILL HAPPEN. We’re down, but not out. We’ll also have some kind of gift program for the holidays, so consider a Jimmy’s No. 43 gift card as a stocking stuffer (or Hanukkah gift) this year.
These ticket sales may make the difference for us, so we hope you’ll check out the list below.
- November 5th – All Beef Prix Fixe Dinner with Guest Christian Drouin of B. United – Get your $45 ticket here for 5 courses/cider + beer.
- November 11th – Celebrate Sustainable Fishing with Porgy – Part of your $20 ticket here (for lunch, drinks extra) will go to support the Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance (see? we’re still helping others even with the power out!).
- November 18th – Wild Mushroom VEGETARIAN Dinner with Les & Nova of Wild Gourmet Food – Get your $25 ticket here (includes talk + meal; drinks extra).
- November 22nd – Thanksgiving Family Style Dinner – Why cook? Get your $25 ticket here and you’ll have all you can eat, family style, of traditional Thanksgiving fare (drinks extra).
- December 1st – Battle of the Belgians – Yes, you can get your $45 EARLY BIRD ticket here (last year, tickets were $65 day of).
- December 3rd – Belgian Beer Prix Fixe VEGETARIAN Dinner with Shelton Brothers – Get your $45 ticket here (includes 5 courses/beer pairings) before they sell out (and our Vegetarian Dinners always do, so help us help you get in by getting your ticket early).
- December 25th – Christmas/Hanukkah Family Style Dinner with Wandering Star Brewing Company – Get your $25 ticket here and you’ll have all you can eat, family style, of traditional holiday meats and sides (drinks extra).
- December 31st – New Year’s Eve Craft Beer Slam – Your $45 ticket here gets you three hours of open bar leading up to the midnight toast.
We thank you for your love, prayers and support during this crisis. Hope to see you at the bar very soon!