If you’re a foodie or a craft beer lover, the many event weeks in NYC can keep you on the go. This week, you can enjoy two such events when NY Burger Week and American Craft Beer Week coincide to bring you the very best of the city’s craft beer and beef (… and boar… and bison… and lamb…).
Jimmy’s No. 43 is the home for interesting and unusual beers, and as such we are proud to be participating in American Craft Beer Week (as we do every week!) with a broad range of outstanding American small craft breweries available both on tap and in the bottle. This week we have some of the top small American craft breweries featuring their most limited items:
- Leelanau Whaleback White Ale (Michigan), brewed by Jolly Pumpkin brewer Ron Jeffries at a neighboring brewery
- AleSmith “Horny Devil” (San Diego “cult” brewery), a collectible large .750 bottle of this strong ale (11% ABV)
- Stillwater Cellar Door (Maryland), from hip traveling DJ brewer Brian Strumke (he makes this label in Maryland when not brewing in Europe)
- Allagash Blonde (Maine), a very limited, Belgian style pale ale that won gold at the Great American Beer Festival
- Atwater Kolsch (Michigan), a German-style specialist
- Founders (Michigan), Centennial IPA
- Two Brothers (Illinois), Red Eye Coffee Porter
- Bronx Brewery, Pale Ale
In addition, our regular $10 Tuesday Tastings this week features “New England Beers.” We’ll have bottles from Clown Shoes (Massachusetts), Maine Beer Co., Wandering Star Zingari Wit (also Massachusetts), and Alchemist Heady Topper (Vermont), among others.
As for beef, well, we always have our incredible locally-sourced, grass fed burgers on the menu, but this week we are having a special Locavore Burger Spread-Off. We’re offering a limited number of all-inclusive (and all you can eat) tickets for Friday’s gathering (5-9 p.m. with details/ticketing info available here).
We hope to see you as we celebrate American Craft Beer and Burger Weeks at Jimmy’s No. 43.