It’s another THEME night at Jimmy’s No. 43, this time in celebration of Purim. From 7-10 p.m. on Wednesday, March 7th, you’re invited to come in costume and partake of the “Jewish Mardi Gras,” in the back room where we’ll have lots of Hamantaschen alongside a prix fixe (or a la carte) menu that will include corned beef brisket, among other delicacies.
Prix Fixe (subject to availability; there may be substitutions):
1st course choice (St. Patrick’s/Purim)
- Irish soda bread with currants paired with a Seamus Red
- Crostini with lox and capers paired with Genesis Dry Hopped Session Ale
2nd course choice
- Corned beef with cabbage paired with O’Reilly’s Stout
- Beer braised brisket with latke paired with Genesis 15:15 or Bittersweet Lenny’s RIPA
3rd course choice
- Shortbread cookies with Ichor Quad
- Hamentashen with Origin Pomegranate Ale
The Prix Fixe is available for all guests; no ticket necessary (although reservations are recommended).
And if the costume party isn’t your brand of beer, in the front of house, we’re still celebrating while starting St. Patrick’s day a week early. Our friends from Sly Fox in Pennsylvania will face off against (more friends from) Schmaltz Brewing in a beer showdown reminiscent of their recent Christmas-Hanukkah competition. We’ll have plenty of both brews available for comparison. Whether you’re Jewish or Irish (for a day!), this is a chance to show off a bit of ethnic brewing during the spring festival season. We hope you’ll join us for any or all of the night’s festivities.