They’re quack… er, back! This Sunday, March 4th from 1-3 p.m. we are hosting our second annual Just Ducky Duck Cook-Off to benefit Food Systems Network NYC. For a mere $20 (recommended to purchase tickets in advance; a limited number may be available at the door), you will enjoy a walk-around, 10-course tasting buffet of creative duck dishes made from regionally-produced quackers and seasonal ingredients. There will be everything from duck charcuterie to duck-dominated first and second courses. Confirmed chefs include:
- Chef Jessica Wilson;
- Gina Kealty, Nourishing NYC;
- Marja Sansom (aka “Dumpling Diva”), The Kitchen Club, will bring Duck and Ginger Dumplings;
- Amateur “Cook-off King of Queens,” Adrian Ashby;
- Returning amateur chef Michele Lamort;
- Jimmy’s No. 43, and more chefs to be announced.
Prizes will be awarded based on regional sourcing and seasonality of ingredients, creativity, execution, appearance, and taste.