We love a good cassoulet, and the drop in temperature this week makes Sunday’s Cassoulet Cook-off a well timed event. Competing chefs will include:
- Green Brown Orange’s Alejandro Alcocer, whose cafe/catering company focuses on simplicity of flavors, organic and biodynamic foods from local, seasonal farms;
- Jessica Wilson, formerly of aVoce and Prune;
- Hadley Schmitt of Northern Spy, the East Village Restaurant/Pub that has a menu built around seasonality and quality, whenever possible using locally grown, caught, and produced ingredients;
- Edi and the Wolf’s Eduard Frauneder and Wolfgang Ban will bring some Austrian flare to the cassolet cook-off;
- Phil Conlon of The Highliner Restaurant;
and, of course, Jimmy’s No. 43, which will be offering cassoulet on the menu all next week.
Amateur chefs are competing, as well. You may still join if you sign up with Danielle before Thursday (that’s in two days, so hurry!). Otherwise, tickets are $20 with proceeds to benefit the Greenmarkets’ Hurricane Farm Relief.